As it always has, time has passed and we are stumbling into fall. The sight of that word makes you think of pumpkin spice, campfires, and big chunky sweaters, doesn’t it? Here at Tidy Tabs, it makes us think it’s time for a deep clean and our fall cleaning list!
As the seasons change, so does the environment: changing what and when things need spruced up! With the holidays just around the corner, I know- I said it, kickstarting the season with a clean space may be just the change your home needs.
Deep clean outside the home
Your outdoor living spaces have served you well all through the summer. Before the weather turns, get everything ready to be stored and wait for next year.
- Cleaning and sanitizing patio furniture, umbrellas, and children’s toys are a must before being put away for a long, cold winter.
- Caulking the windows of your home will be beneficial as well to keep out cold breezes.
- Water hoses should also be checked and drained before being put away to prevent damage during the winter.
- Double check gutters and downspouts and clear any debris if necessary. To prevent ice dams, consider installing heating cable or having it installed.
- To finish the outside, give a good scrub down to the outside of your windows: leaving a thorough, deep-clean look.
Deep clean in the main spaces
The inside of your home will need some love as well, but focus mainly on the foremost entertaining areas.
- After washing the outside of your windows, of course, it’s time to cleanse the inside as well.
- Launder your linens including your comforters and bedding. Sleeping always feels better in between freshly cleaned sheets, especially if you’re staying at someone else’s house.
- Follow this by doing a deep shampoo treatment on any carpeted areas of your home. In doing this, you’ll remove common summer allergens and beloved pet dander trapped in the carpet.
- Declutter and organize your kitchen. You will be grateful you did when the day comes that you are preparing a big meal for family and friends.
- Inspect your appliances. Calling someone out to fix an issue before it becomes terminal will save time and money – not to mention aggravation!
Deep cleaning your home before the hustle and bustle of the holidays will save you a headache later in the year, because things always seem to crop up when you have the least amount of time to deal with them. Being around family and friends should be your focus during those special times. Tidy Tabs is happy to give customizable cleaning estimates for any tasks you’re not wanting to tackle yourself.